Search for people on this page
The counselors at Los Angeles High School of the Arts (LAHSA) believe:
- All students have a right to be heard and treated with dignity and worth.
- All students have the right to participate in the school counseling program.
- All students benefit from a rich academic and artistic community, which inspires students to be independent, cooperative young adults who meet challenges with creativity and determination.
- All students’ ethnic, cultural, racial, sexual differences and special needs are considered in planning and implementing the school counseling program.
- All students shall have access to a full-time, credentialed school counselor to deliver the counseling program.
- School counselors are an integral part of multiple collaborative teams, are working with other educators, families, and community resources as an advocate for student success.
The LAHSA comprehensive school counseling program will:
- Be based on specified goals, state standards, and developmental student competencies for all students.
- Be planned and coordinated by school counseling teams in coordination with other school, parent or guardian and community representatives.
- Utilize the many combined resources of the community to deliver programs, which advance the academic, social-emotional, and civic growth of each student.
- Use data to drive program development and evaluation.
- Be evaluated by a counseling supervisor on specified goals and agreed upon student competencies.
- Actively involve counseling team members to monitor students’ academic performance and graduation requirements to guide students in their academic success.
All counselors at LAHSA will:
- Abide by the profession school counseling ethical standards as advocated by the American School Counselor Association.
- Participate in professional development activities essential to maintain a high quality school counseling program.
The mission of the Los Angeles High School of the Arts school counseling program is to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program addressing the academic, career and personal/social development of all students. School counselors are professional school advocates who provide support to maximize student potential and academic achievement. In partnership with other educators, parents or guardians and the community, school counselors facilitate the support system to ensure all students at Los Angeles High School of the Arts have access to and are prepared with the knowledge and skills to contribute at the highest level as productive members of society.