Welcome to the Los Angeles High School of the Arts!
Los Angeles High School represents a strong learning community focused on the arts and preparing students for college and career. I have been the principal of LAHSA for seven years and am proud of our students, staff, and families. I believe that an arts-based education helps students develop the skills needed in today’s world—collaboration, communication, critical thinking, and citizenship. As a Linked Learning certified school, our students benefit from working with arts professionals and have many opportunities to participate in field trips, competitions, internships, and community service. Our students perform in the beautiful Cocoanut Grove Theatre and are involved in every aspect of our productions.
LAHSA is a STEAM program that includes:
- Strong theatre program—both acting and technical theater (costumes, set design and construction, lighting and sound), including a new pathway in Video Production
- Science courses: AP Biology, Chemistry, Physiology, Environmental Science
- Technology: Computer Science, computers available for student use in every class (one-to-one technology)
- Engineering: Computer-aided Drafting, Vectorworks
- Mathematics: Algebra 1 and 2, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, AP Calculus, Transitional College Math (Statistics)
All of our teachers and other staff are dedicated to the growth of each student. With two counselors and other support staff, we are able to provide personalization. We have many opportunities for families to be involved in our school and value the contributions of parents and other family members.
To all of our new and returning students I wish you a successful new year! If you are interested in LAHSA, please come and visit. I would love to see you at one of our productions!